Dr. Frank Kameny lived many of his 86-years as an out activist, leader and hero. It is with only a blessed form of irony that he left us today, on National Coming Out Day. May Frank’s memory be for a blessing. To understand our LGBT American history please get to know a bit more about his story. Our history and our civil rights seemed to be paired perfectly with Frank Kameny’s once radical notion that we have a right in this country to stand up for, “First Class Citizenship for Homosexuals.” Right on, brother.
- Frank Kameny, Gay Rights Pioneer, Dies At 86 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Grandfather Of LGBT Rights Movement Frank Kameny Passes Away At 86 (lezgetreal.com)
- Frank Kameny, R.I.P. (volokh.com)
- Pioneering gay activist Frank Kameny dies at 86 (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Gay rights pioneer Kameny dead at 86 (cnn.com)
- Frank Kameny, gay rights pioneer, dead at 86 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)