I hope that you have been able to participate in this spectacular summer of Stein. If you have not yet seen the exhibitions at the Contemporary Jewish Museum and SFMOMA (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art) , no more excuses folks: you have got to get out and see how San Francisco is all about celebrating the life, work and art-centered-legacy of the once-local Jewish Lesbian, Gertrude Stein, z”l.
Here is your chance. Via my work at the Jewish Community Federation I have one comp ticket to give away to Thursday’s art-filled-LGBT-centered-celebration called, An Evening in Gay Paris. Interested in being my plus one? Let me know and I will enter you into our raffle for the ticket.
- Contemporary Jewish Museum to Host “Hand Holding Day” This Sunday (sfist.com)
- The Personalities of Paint in The Steins Collect (blog.sfmoma.org)
- There will be no gay hand holding at the Gertrude Stein exhibit in San Francisco (vol1brooklyn.com)
- Lesbian Couple Told to Stop Holding Hands at Gertrude Stein Exhibit in San Francisco (towleroad.com)
- wayne koestenbaum takes on the stein’s as a queer historian (qjew.wordpress.com)
- Picasso’s Portrait of Gertrude Stein: Mona Lisa of the Twentieth Century (cjmvoices.blogspot.com)
- Sitting with Alice B. Toklas (blog.sfmoma.org)
- Lesbians Kicked Out of Gertrude Stein Exhibit for Holding Hands [Ironic] (gawker.com)
- The Steins Collect: Back to the Bay Video (blog.sfmoma.org)
- After Anti-Gay Incident, Let’s All Hold Hands At SF Museum (lezgetreal.com)
- Another spectacular Stein opening (qjew.wordpress.com)