“I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I’m not a hateful person and don’t condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context.” Taken directly from the GLAAD blog.
- Tracy Morgan Apologizes for Homophobic Rant: ‘I’m Not a Hateful Person’ (towleroad.com)
- Update: Tracy Morgan Issues Apology About Homophobic Jokes Via His Management (lezgetreal.com)
- Film: Newswire: Tracy Morgan under fire for alleged homophobic rant (avclub.com)
- GLAAD & HRC Tag Team On 30’s Rock’s Tracy Morgan’s Recent Homophobic Allegations (lezgetreal.com)
- HRC to Tracy Morgan: ‘You’re not funny’; GLAAD asks to probe alleged ‘violently anti-gay remarks’ (miamiherald.typepad.com)